Mini-Course ESAM 495a: An Introduction to RNA Sequencing Analysis
Curious about RNA sequencing?
This course will give an introduction to the theory and practice of analyzing high-throughput RNA sequencing. Through lectures and hands-on exercises, it will cover:
- The format of/working with raw sequencing data
- Aligning reads to a reference genome
- The format of/working with aligned SAM/BAM ﬁles
- Different ways to perform read-based gene counting
- How to visually explore reads and read counts; variance shrinkage and principal components
- The theory of/doing differential expression analysis
April 8 – May 1st, 2019, Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 – 10:20 a.m.
SPACE IS LIMITED
For credit, register in CAESAR
To audit, sign up by April 5, 2019 at http://bit.ly/esam495a